Let Us Restore Your Beautiful Smile. Call Today!843-314-4877
It can be easy to get used to dental damage. You may have changed your eating habits, your smile, or the way you speak without even realizing it. But you can get back to your old self – or a better self – with a qualified Myrtle Beach, SC dentist Dr. Jack Markusen. Restorative dentistry Myrtle Beach, SC area from DocMark General & Cosmetic Dentistry can pay off in many ways:Dr. Jack Markusen on Restorative Dentistry Read Transcript
Restorative dentistry is an interesting area because it involves a variety of different things that you're addressing.
If, for example, you've lost a tooth and your teeth are shifting and moving. Or if it's just recently that you've lost a tooth and a bridge or something can be put in to keep your teeth from shifting or moving. So, a restoration of a tooth or a restoration where there's a tooth missing are kind of like two different subjects.
And we do a lot of comprehensive care to reconstruct teeth that have been missing. And reconstruct and have a total occlusion. It's a big word but it means basically how the teeth fit together.
I'll use the analogy of if you had a car with a transmission in it and you've got 5,000 or 10,000 miles on it. The gears mesh and run really nice together. You keep oil and lubricating so that they don't wear down. And about 50,000, 60,000 miles on it or even 100,000 miles and that transmission starts wearing down pretty badly. It's easy if you happen to chip off one of the teeth of the gears, they don't fit too well together.
Not like in the mouth where you have a missing tooth, the teeth shift and move around, your gears aren't going to individually shift and move around because they're cast in metal or steel. But your teeth in your mouth is a different subject. So, it's very important to have comprehensive restorative care, especially if you lose a tooth. Don't wait till your tooth is really messed up or your teeth are really messed up. Get that tooth replaced as soon as possible because that way you'll have what we call uphill dentistry. And not let your mouth fall apart and go downhill.
So that's why your comprehensive continuing care is our forefront.
- Get a smile that looks and feels natural
- Say goodbye to oral pain and discomfort
- Speak clearly and with confidence
- Enjoy eating any food you want
- Reap the benefits of improved oral health
Your first meeting with Dr. Jack Markusen to discuss your options for restorative dentistry costs nothing – our treatment consultations are always free! So call us now at 843-314-4877 for your restorative dentistry Myrtle Beach, SC area consultation.
Stop Tooth Decay From Spreading With Tooth Fillings And Root Canals
The bacteria in your mouth, though invisible, can cause a lot of damage. It will continue on its path of destruction unless you visit a qualified Myrtle Beach, SC dental office.
We offer several restorative dentistry procedures that can halt the spread of tooth decay and protect your smile:
- When decay has created a hole in your tooth enamel, Dr. Jack Markusen will remove the infection, clean the area, and then fill in the cavity with a tooth-colored material. We do not use metal amalgam tooth fillings. We prefer composite resin tooth fillings because they are safe and natural-looking.
- Sometimes bacteria makes its way to the pulp of your tooth, where nerve endings and blood vessels are located. To preserve your tooth, we can perform a root canal. In addition to decay, we’ll remove the infected pulp and seal your tooth with a dental crown.
A common misconception about dentistry is that tooth fillings and root canals cause pain, when in fact the opposite is true. Tooth fillings and root canals at DocMark General & Cosmetic Dentistry are often the best way to stop mouth pain!
Repair Or Replace Teeth With Dental Crowns & Dental Bridges
When your teeth are severely damaged or missing, sometimes the best solution is a natural-looking restoration or replacement. Dental crowns and bridges are an optimal way to repair damaged teeth and replace missing ones.
- Dental crowns are a durable solution for extensive damage. And with our advanced technology and Dr. Jack Markusen’s 40+ years of experience, we can offer you ones that are completely natural looking and feeling. When attached to implants, ceramic dental crowns can also be used as a long-term method to replace missing teeth.
- Many times the best way to replace a missing tooth is with a dental bridge. They are so named because they “bridge” the space between missing teeth. We will place crowns on either side of the gap to make sure your dental bridge looks natural and complete.
Give Your Smile Safe And Beautiful Restorative Dentistry Treatment
We always offer our patients completely safe composite tooth fillings that match their natural tooth color. But while you can make sure that every future filling is safe and natural-looking, you may want to replace amalgam fillings you have received from another dental office.
Dr. Jack Markusen can safely remove your old silver and mercury fillings and replace them with our composite material. This will make all your fillings blend in with the rest of your teeth.
Get the smile you want, with a smile, when you choose DocMark General & Cosmetic Dentistry for restorative dentistry services. Contact us online or call 843-314-4877 to schedule your restorative dentistry Myrtle Beach, SC area appointment.
Dr. Jack Markusen graduated at the Medical University of South Carolina, School of Dentistry in 1976. He’s also a proud member of the following professional organizations: American Dental Association, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics, Academy of Laser Dentistry, South Carolina Dental Association, Pee Dee District Dental Association.